January 1, 2013 was Day one!
Our first Random Act of Kindness was inspired by the work of the lovely Melody Ross and beautiful Kathy Wilkins and their tireless efforts with The Brave Girls Club to make this world a better place for every woman in it. They have partnered with Full Circle Exchange to help women who have been rescued from human trafficking. (click here to learn more)
On New Year's Eve we converted our dining room into a studio for our family to sit together and make Truth Cards to be a part of the Full Circle Truth Card Exchange.
... hard at work
We created 42 Truth Cards to send to those Brave women that are trying to put their lives back together after being rescued from the most deplorable of conditions.
42 messages of love and encouragement
We personalized each card with a hand written message...
personalized with love by our family
On January 1st, our family put the finishing touches on 42 truth cards that will make a difference in the lives of 42 women that have faced unfathomable adversity. It is our hope that our messages, at the very least, put a smile on the face of the women who receive them. We hope that we are a small part of helping them on their journey of rebuilding their lives by letting them know that they are NOT forgotten, that they are completely WORTHWHILE, that they are LOVED and thought of by people whom they have never met, and that the world NEEDS what they have to offer.
What we learned:
- That Dad is really good at making awesome backgrounds, but likes to take a break now and then to play guitar.
- That the teenage boys in our family are really not that into making art.
- That Mom could sit there all day and all night without taking a break putting paint, ink, and mod podge on cards.
- That art is so fun when we can sit together at a table creating and enjoying each others company.
- That our girls are so very profound with their messages to these women even with the limited information we have given to them about the conditions under which these women have lived. Mom was moved to tears on several occasions.
- and that the ONLY thing that separates 'us' from 'them', or makes our stories different from their stories is that we were born in a different geographical location.
- That doing nice things for others without expecting anything in return is exceptionally good for the spirit.
Our family sends so much love, support, encouragement, and positive energy to these Brave women.
To find our how to create some truth cards of your own to support this movement - click here.
The Kornel/Peters' Family.